Wednesday, May 20, 2009

GARDENING BADGE: Tues May 19th




























































































Last night we did our Gardening Badge...at Gillian's place. All girls were there except T., who is away for a few days. Each Guide made her own hanging basket, using bought plants along with a bit of perennial trailer (I forget the name of the plant, even tho I have some here in my garden) - Gillian did a walk around the garden and together with the girls took a potful of the perennial out to use in the baskets. Then to the backyard, where the girls each got a hanging basket and found a spot on the big blue tarp. Gilian made a basket for T. as the sample, then the girls did their own with the leaders going around helping where needed. Several girls stayed quite clean, while others joyfully got quite dirty...notbably RS and KS (ooops..I just realized both our K girls have the same last initial maybe call one K4 and the other K5 for their grades?)..so I guess it was K4 who was the dirty one....Everyone did a great job of their baskets, and with care the Belated Mother's Day gifts should become real show-stoppers over the summer.
OK...I JUST UPLOADED SOME OF THE PHOTOS...If anyone wants a copy, or some of the not-uploaded photos, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment